About Method Park by UL
Method Park by UL specializes in software and systems engineering. Our portfolio includes complex, process-based product engineering, software solutions, training and advisory services focused on the safety-critical aspects of the automotive, medical and aerospace industries. As part of UL, the global safety science leader, we partner with customers to advance innovation safety, business transformation and compliance with regulatory and industry-specific quality standards.
Through our proprietary Stages process management tool, we help our customers define, implement and monitor development and business processes.
We enhance UL's vast and deep expertise and global footprint with more than 230 dedicated employees at our locations in Erlangen, Berlin, Frankfurt/Main, Hamburg, Munich, Stuttgart, Detroit, Miami, Pittsburgh and Shanghai.
Learn more about UL.
History & Background
- Method Park opens new location in Berlin
- Stages V7.6 is launched to the market
- Method Park becomes part of UL
- Best fiscal year in company history: 25.09 Mio EUR, plus 17.6%
- Method Park joins Scaled Agile Partner Network
- All courses as live online trainings available
- Method Park opens new location in Shanghai/China
- Stages V7.4 released
- Method Park opens new location in Hamburg
- Bavarian Entrepreneur Award 2018 for Method Park
- Receives the German Brand Award 2018
- Stages V7.2 is launched to the market
- Is among the top 3 TOP JOB winners
- Opens new locations in Hanover, Frankfurt on the Main and Pittsburgh, US
- Partnership with MDS Technology Korea
- Generates an increase in turnover of 9%
- Prof. Hindel receives the German Award for Software Quality
- Stages V7 is released
- IT analyst Gartner Corporation recommends Method Park
- Receives the German Design Award 2017
- KPMG becomes reseller for Stages in India
- Method Park is certified according to ISO 13485
- Method Park receives its second IBM Partner Award
- Method Park signs cooperation contract with CloudOne
- Method Park receives Rational Business Partner Award for Systems Engineering
- Method Park sells first Stages licenses in China
- Hirain becomes Stages reseller in China
- Dr. Wolfgang Runge becomes member of the supervisory board
- Foundation of Method Park Engineering GmbH
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG buys Stages company license
- Dr. Holger Höhn becomes Managing Director of Method Park Consulting GmbH
- Method Park celebrates its 10th anniversary
- Closed sales after 10 years: over 22,000 Stages licenses
- 5,000 course days and 750,000 engineering hours
- Method Park sells first Stages licenses in the US
- Dr. Klaudia Dussa-Zieger becomes management member of DIN for Software and Systems Engineering and represents Germany at ISO. She becomes editor for SPICE.
- project>kit is re-named into Stages (release Stages 5.0)
- Method Park achieves annual revenues of over 10 million euros for the first time
- Dr. Martin Geier becomes member of the executive board
- Method Park opens a location in Detroit
- Dr. Erich Meier becomes management member
- Method Park hold first global intacs Competent Assessor course
- 100 employees
- Method Park holds first intacs Provisional Assessor course in the US
- Prof. Hindel becomes management member of DIN for Software and Systems Engineering and represents Germany at ISO
- German translation of SPICE (ISO 15504)
- Method Park founds Method Park Berlin GmbH
- Prof. Hindel becomes Program Chair of the World Congress for Software Quality in Munich
- Foundation of Method Park America Inc.
- Method Park holds first training – Certified Tester Foundation Level – in the US
- Together with Alec Dorling, Prof. Hindel founds the first version of intacs
- Foundation of Method Park Management GmbH (re-named to Method Park Consulting GmbH in 2012)
- Foundation of Method Park Holding AG
- Method Park releases first version of project>kit
- Foundation of Method Park Software AG
Prof. Dr. Bernd Hindel
Dr. Jürgen Schmied
Prof. Dr. Bernd Hindel (Executive Director)
Prof. Dr. Bernd Hindel studied computer science in Erlangen and Green Bay (USA). After his doctorate at the University of Erlangen in 1991, he worked for the Central Research Department of Siemens in Erlangen. From 1995 to 2000 he was Managing Director of 3SOFT. In 2001 Prof. Hindel founded Method Park. Under his leadership Method Park received several awards i.e.: TOP JOB (2004, 2008, and 2011), IHK Founders Award 2005, Bavaria’s Best 50 (2006, 2007, and 2009), Great Place to Work (2009).
In addition Prof. Hindel is a Lecturer for Software Engineering at the University of Erlangen and the University of Augsburg. Bernd Hindel is the founder of the ASQF e.V. (Association for Software Quality and Training). He was President of the ASQF from 1996 to 2007. Prof. Hindel is the founder of iNTACS e.V. (international Assessor Certification Scheme for SPICE Assessors). He was President of iNTACS from 2003 to 2005. As a member of DIN Institute, Prof. Hindel was the chairman for Software and System-Engineering Standards and the head of the German Delegation to ISO/IEC JTC1 SC7. From 2006 to 2009 he was the German representative at the Working Group responsible for the definition of SPICE (ISO/IEC 15504). Prof. Hindel has been Keynote Speaker and/or Organizing Chair of many international Conferences on Software Quality, including the “World Congress on Software Quality”, Munich, 2005 and Shanghai, 2011. Prof. Hindel published numerous papers and books on software engineering.
Dr. Martin Geier (Director Engineering)
Dr. Martin Geier studied computer science at the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg. In addition to a position at the university, he also was on the Executive Board of Config e.G. After gaining his doctorate at the Chair for Operating and Distributed Systems, Martin Geier joined Method Park in 2000. In addition to his management position in the company’s business unit Engineering, he worked as Senior Consultant at Method Park. He later took on responsibility for the systematic development of the sector "Professional Services". The Engineering and Consulting business units achieved annual growth rates of 25 to 30 per cent under his leadership. Martin Geier has been a member of the Method Park Software AG Executive Board since 2008. Since 2012 he has been on the Executive Board of Method Park Holding AG and Chief Executive Officer of Method Park Engineering GmbH. In 2018, he additionally took on responsibility for the management of Method Park Consulting GmbH. He is lecturer at the Technical University in Nuremberg where he gives lectures on project management. At the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg he teaches practical software technologies.
Dr. Erich Meier (Director Product & Technology)
Erich Meier is the creator and chief architect of the "Stages" process management system. Erich started working for Method Park in 2001 and helped major corporations all around the globe to develop new capabilities by improving their engineering and product development processes. Since 2007 he serves as Method Park's CTO being responsible for the global products business, technology vision and roadmap. Erich is a frequent speaker at conferences and executive events specializing in engineering process and product development transformations.
Erich holds a PhD in computer science from the University of Erlangen, Germany.